View Full Version : The Eleffie Project - Tier League

Fluffy
08-18-2015, 03:48 PM
CURRENT TEAMS - OP players in BOLD

RED = 2op4League

(|: Matattack, Slender, ColossalChipmunk, Twinky, Demvrrage, Don, emo hippie, Mustafa, Stormich, Oyster, neo, Eufix

TBG: Stam, RINGWRAITH, Skymonster, nuffhuff, Smile, Julkien, HENK, Paulito, Greekjr, GEO, Y343, binaryenigma, OsOs, twig

-#-: Number3, XX2, Cracker, Hapkido, Capitalistocrat, Kafka, ITLBATL, Clam, Sliced Bread, Arrow, Duck Duck Pwn

Unnamed1: 19cm, Max, OmniVanitas, wuwu, meta, ball'n, magneticduck, Pikachu^^, Gijoy, Giaba, mssv, Lenny

[-fu]: Dragon, DMCM, ufo, Flying Ninja, Slutty Loopie, runeh, Grape, Strat, o_O, donezio, x76

WH: MoxyCrimefighter, Jonus, Phyx, Kennedy, Label, p1, Breeze, evel, Lewish, sneaky, Raisin, Jax, Bran

*EHEM* Can I have you attention plz *EHEM*

The 'Tier League' is going to have a major overhaul, with me seeing many holes which just don't fill themselves. Such as 'who is classed as good enough to be in Tier 1' and 'should this kid really be in Tier 2?' So, with the help of many people one altitude night while sitting in the wasteland that is tbd ladder lobby, we have come up with a plan.

The Tier system will be abolished, in replace, a /captains/ like game. As described by Matattack, Pokemon. It will be composed of: Tier 1 players that will be split up into groups of 2, with both 2 players being co-capts or whatnot. The co-capts will either: Be a massive help and recruit their own 'pub' team, or toma and I will just try find some pubbies to join your team. The maximum roster size will be expanded to 10. So really, the Tiers will be smooshed together to form one league, but one league with each team have a somewhat equal chance of winning. So, 2/3 OP players with 8/7 pub/less advanced players.

The List of 'OP' players who are illegible for captaining a team

Dragon
MoxyCrimefighter
Stormich
Jonus
mssv
Slender
ball'n
JWhatever
Matattack
rest of qq
Any ladder hubby who pm's me (TBD)
{More to come}

What is your task? To create (capture pubbies) teams, much like pokemon, and battle your teams against eachother - with yourselves being part of the battle.

The Eleffie Project
Founded by Element and Fluffy with help from Ioni and Reaper

http://i61.tinypic.com/4uul9t.jpg
Credits to Jonus

What is The Eleffie Project?

The Eleffie Project is a group of players whose wish focuses on the rebirth of competitive TBD, introducing new players to the competitive Altitude community and the hope to popularise Altitude once more. It will be basing its ideas on forming Leagues throughout the years in order to form a new system by which people will enjoy competitive, exciting play. The group so far is Element, Fluffy, Ioni and Reaper but is always looking for more people interested in the same idea.

Currently, the projects that are taking place are the Tier League, getting a twitch stream setup for competitive matches, having an interesting betting system and exchanging virtual dosh to real life currency, currently in the form of Gift Card Codes.

The plan is that The Eleffie Project will create an Altitude Currency that will be carried across from league to league hosted by TEP, where betting may become possible as well as gaining Eleffies (EF) when winning matches and leagues.

We hope that with this new system will come the 2nd era of competitive play, with streaming commentaries on twitch and youtube - focusing on strategies each team are using, how they can improve and what they may have done wrong. Of course, to help that happen, we will need TBD’ers who know the TBD game inside out and who take a liking to streaming. I.e. Still a work in progress.

Central Fluffington Bank - CFB
Proud bank of The Eleffie Project

Current Currency - Eleffies

Eleffies to US Dollar exchange rate: 70EF = $10
Eleffies to CP exchange rate: 50EF = 100CP

Tier League
Hosted by The Eleffie Project

A league with multiple winners. The league will be split up into 2 or 3 different Tiers. Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. Each Tier is aimed at different skill levels of altitude play. Tier 1 being top altitude players, Tier 2 being decent altitude players and Tier 3 being new altitude players. It may be essential depending on the amount of signups that some players meant for Tier 2 go to Tier 1, and Tier 3 is abandoned. It will be a double elimination with match winners getting Eleffies as well as 1st, 2nd and 3rd getting extra Eleffies.

What do points make? Prizes!

Every player will start off with 20 Eleffies. When a team wins a round of the Tier League, each member of the team will be given 5 Eleffies. Every member signed up to the CFB will have their own Eleffie Account, here Eleffies will be kept on stocked and when you have enough Eleffies, prizes will be given out.
Note that Eleffies carry across to other Leagues hosted by The Eleffie Project.

Per match:

Win : +5EF
Loss : -5EF
Bye : 0EF
Tie : 0EF

Betting:

No betting on Eleffies for the Tier League.

Overall Ranks:

1st : +30EF
2nd : +20EF
3rd : +10EF

Our current prizes:

70 Eleffies = $10 Steam Card Code
50 Eleffies = 100 Community Points

Note: An individual cannot have a negative Eleffie balance. If they lose enough matches to theoretically be < 0, the -EF will be ignored.

Tier Format

Tier 1: Tough competition, stacked teams, top altitude players
http://i58.tinypic.com/1zgzs4y.png

Tier 2: Decent players, less demanding than Tier 1, should be fun
http://i62.tinypic.com/91l6at.png

Tier 3: If Applicable : New players, introduction to competitive TBD and competitive Altitude

Registration
To the Tier League

Format

Name of Team:
Preferred Tier:
Team Captain:
Team Roster:

Example

Name of Team: TeamxXx
Preferred Tier: Tier 2
Team Captain: xXxProxXx
Team Roster: xXx, xXXx, xXXXx, xXXXXx, xXXXXXx, xXXXXXXx, xXSN1P3RxPR0xXx

Or

Name of Team: TeamxXx
Team Captain: xXxProxXx
Team Roster:
xXx
xXXx
xXXXx
xXXXXx
xXXXXXx
xXSN1P3RxPR0xXx

Note: Once you have registered your team after X date, that team will be locked for the entirety of the league. No changes shall be made during the league. If you are caught playing matches with players that are not part of your roster, Eleffies will be deducted and punishments put in place.

When you register, try to make you Preferred Tier accurate to your teams skill level. We will manually pick teams to play in the Tiers. A mini-league, bo1, will then be played. The loser of Tier 1 will play the winner of Tier 2, if the loser of Tier 1 wins, that team will stay in Tier 1. If the winner of Tier 2 wins, that team will be moved up to Tier 1 and the Tier 1 loser will be moved down to Tier 2. The tournament will begin after the mini-league and Eleffies will start to be handed out.
Tier 3 - If applicable - teams will not play anyone in Tier 1 or Tier 2, their league will start at the same time as Tier 1 and Tier 2 however it will be a closed system. All Eleffies on this Tier’s teams will be the same as Tier 1’s and Tier 2’s teams.

If any team is caught throwing games in order to get into a lower tier, they will be punished. A non-biased moderator should be present on each game to moderate the play.

There will be a minimum of 5 teams per Tier, each team is to have a maximum roster size of 8, including the captain.

Servers

We will be using vanishings league servers currently. However, with help from magnetiduck we are working on our own automated server to keep a log of everyone. That may be available for use when we start, but the start date for the tournament has yet to be decided.

Other information

Once an individual gets enough Eleffies to be given a prize in exchange, they will be notified either in game or a PM on the forums. It is up to the player, whether he/she would like to exchange their Eleffies for a prize. We are also currently working on a website.

Current Moderators

Element
Fluffy
Ioni / Kiya / Emi
The Reaper / No One Special
Number 3
Poison

If you would like to be part of The Eleffie Project, contact Element or Fluffy.

TL;DR

Teams are split into 'Tiers' depending on their skill
You gain and lose Eleffie (EF) when you win and lose games
Eleffie's are points that can be stocked up for prizes. The more you save, the bigger the prize
Tier 1 is for APL (1st,2nd,3rd) regulars. Tier 2 is for decent TBD payers. Tier 3 is for new TBD players
Teams are composed of 8 players
It is a double elimination tournament

Fluffy
08-18-2015, 03:48 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Le Ignore

Registered Teams

Misfit Toys - Tier 1
Wreaking Havoc - Tier 1 / 2
-#- - Tier 1
qq - Tier 1
Unnamed1 - Tier 1
Unnamed2 - Tier 2
TBG - Tier 2
-fu - Tier 2
|) - Tier 2

Team players

Misfit Toys: Fluffy, Dragon, MoxyCrimefighter, Stormich, Jonus, mssv, Slender
Wreaking Havoc:
qq:
-#-: Hapkido, Number3, Capitalistocrat, Kafka, ITLBATL, Clam, XX2
-fu: FlyingNinja,
Unnamed1: 19cm, Max, OmniVanitas, wuwu, toma, meta, magneticduck
Unnamed2: Paiza, o_O, Gijoy, Start, Jax, tr4=B=, Paulito, Oyster
TBG: Stam, RINGWRAITH, Skymonster, nuffhuff, Smile, Julkein, HENK
| ): matattack, demvrrage, ColossalChipmunk

List of players with no team
If you have no team, just post below and you will be added to this list

This list is outdated

Greekjr14 - Tier 1
Flying Ninja[-fu] - Tier 2
Paradigm - Tier 1 / 2
Tjerki - Tier 2
Oyster - Tier 1 / 2
MagneticDuck - Tier 2
Bof 1 - Tier 2
StygMa - Tier 2
Slender - Tier 1
Mustafa - Tier 2
DODD - Tier 1 / 2
Omni Vanitas - Tier 2
Don - Tier 2
DMCM - Tier 1
Dominic - Tier 2
Professional - Tier 2
paiza - Tier 2
#23 - Tier 2
BG1 - Tier 2
directtech - Tier 2
Rafael95 - Tier 2
martin2 - Tier 2
Apathy - Tier 1
Bluth Frozen Bananas - Tier 2
Hapkido - Tier 2
mokye - Tier 2
matattack - Tier 1
Stam - Tier 2
Mr. Riddler - Tier 2
Helix - Tier 2
Giaba - Tier 2
kicK o-O - Tier 2
TrollfAce - Tier 2
Clam - Tier 1
Raisin Bran - Tier 2
XX2 - Tier 1
Soneji - Tier 2
Flying Ninja - Tier 2

Team Advertisements

-#- Team : http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3096 Looking Tier 2 players!

THIS HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED : IGNORE THIS

Signed up: 64 Players
Minimum Needed: 80 Players

Tier 1: 16
Tier 2: 48 (treating 1/2 as 2)

Fluffy
08-18-2015, 03:49 PM
Currently, the start date for the league has not been decided. It will however be some time after SL.

As well as that, the map pool for the league has yet to be decided. We are maybe going to add new maps like tbd_arrow (by Jonus) into the pool.

blarg
08-19-2015, 04:23 AM
so doing some rough calculations and guess work... if you stomp your league winning every game you are looking at about 70ef, good for $10 on steam. if you do well but fall a bit short you can still unlock a skin. not a bad incentive to participate in a short tbd tournament (not that any is needed), but also not bringing it to a level beyond apl.

judging by last apl such a tournament will do little to revive tbd. in the four years that i've played this game tbd ladder has never been up regularly except for a few glorious weeks. this past apl the ladder crowd barely flinched from its camp on the ball servers. the lack of games makes it super difficult to learn the mode. tbd is a simple game, much simpler than ball, yet very few active players have a solid understanding of the strategy. we need games so people can play and learn, the more the better, not a fluffed up tournament to compete for a few sundays in a mode nobody plays anymore.

i was thinking about chipping in by making a cool video guide to help people learn and maybe attract some more interest in the mode... but i need to play games to do this.... all woe extends from the lack of games.

maybe you could bring the eleffies to a ladder instead? tbd ladder's nonexistence always seemed like a solvable problem to me. there are enough players, if we simply agree on a schedule we could be playing a few times a week. i could also see a clan ladder with fluid rosters being fun...

anyway i appreciate the effort you guys are putting in to help revive tbd, just a bit skeptical about this league getting us anywhere. we all want to see the mode regain popularity (except of course the dirty ballers), so let's do our best to make it a reality! ;)

Greekjr14
08-19-2015, 06:46 AM
I miss competitive tbd. I'd be down to join a team if anyone has room.

paiza
08-19-2015, 07:28 AM
I think that you need more 'pull' factors for people to join competitive TBD. From what I can see, you're having an APL with better prizes and better playability for new players.

All this is pretty good, but I think that what really should be done is the treatment of new players. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, new players don't really have a place to test themselves after they have conquered the pub servers. They don't know what is Flight Club or Ladder, let alone competitive TBD. If we could spread this message to those newbies - letting them know that there is a higher quality level of Altitude - then I think that this project could really lift off.

From what blarg said, about there being very few active players having a solid understanding of the strategy, then yes we should have more games on Flight Club and Ladder. That can be possible, it's just that there may not be enough people online. Going back to the first point, if we can get some of the new players, if necessary mentor them, we can bring them to Flight Club and Ladder, thus leading to more games. There are always going to be some veterans who will leave the community, after a long period, or they may be busy with their own lives. That's why we need the new players, to come in and replace those veterans.

Fluffy
08-19-2015, 10:23 AM
All this is pretty good, but I think that what really should be done is the treatment of new players. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, new players don't really have a place to test themselves after they have conquered the pub servers. They don't know what is Flight Club or Ladder, let alone competitive TBD. If we could spread this message to those newbies - letting them know that there is a higher quality level of Altitude - then I think that this project could really lift off.

By all means you can do what I have been doing the past week, advertise this league to pub players. Some might pick up on that there is another community out there - join the forums - and become part of the competitive community. Flight Club is a nice way for pub players to get a taster, if they like it, they can join up or join ladder. I think attracting players to Flight Club then luring them into the community might be the best option we have right now.

Fluffy
08-19-2015, 10:29 AM
i was thinking about chipping in by making a cool video guide to help people learn and maybe attract some more interest in the mode... but i need to play games to do this.... all woe extends from the lack of games.

maybe you could bring the eleffies to a ladder instead? tbd ladder's nonexistence always seemed like a solvable problem to me. there are enough players, if we simply agree on a schedule we could be playing a few times a week. i could also see a clan ladder with fluid rosters being fun...

If you start doing video guides to TBD, there won't be any cons - the only way is up :)

Eh, I'm not sure about bringing in EF's to ladder. I mean, CP wise that is all cool and fine, but we do have a limited amount of cash ^.^ (rather, element does). So having a constant gaining and loosing of EF's - such as points are in ladder - may be too hectec and might crash and burn :O If we can think of another prize other than dosh or CP then it might be another saving grace for TBD :D - of course, if Vanishing is willing ;)

Though for now, I think keeping EF's to the tournaments we will be running is best.

Oyster
08-19-2015, 03:54 PM
What? you put me at Tier 2! I think there has been a mistake... maybe your hand slipped or something

:P

Fluffy
08-19-2015, 03:57 PM
I'll put you Tier 1 / 2. If we don't get enough for Tier 1, you will be in that Tier ^.^

StygMa
08-19-2015, 04:46 PM
You can put me in tier2 ;) no team (yet?)

Slender
08-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Sign me up with no team. Looks like we could get a great deal of fun out of this

Fluffy
08-19-2015, 05:28 PM
We are starting to get a gathering of players without a team now, which is great :) If any player on the no-team list wants to pal up with others on the no-team list, that would be cool.

Else, towards the start of the league, I will sort you all into tiers and make up some random teams.

Kafka
08-19-2015, 07:07 PM
If Zrog doesn't sign up as a team, I'm up for tier 2

Fluffy
08-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Name of Team: Misfit Toys [mT]

Preferred Tier: Tier 1

Team Captain: Joint effort

Team Roster:
Tomatoman
Metagame
mssv
fluffy
Dragon
Stormich
Acegunner
Jonus

Note: Before the outcry of 'stacked team, not signing up' we are encouraging stacked teams for Tier 1. Since it has always been a problem, we decided to openly invite it. Due to the low roster size, enough stack-able teams are able to be made to fill Tier 1, and hopefully with that will come some fierce competition.

Glow
08-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Fluffy, I'm in, it's me Glow
previously known as KitKat
so yeah I want to signup for the Eleffie Project

don quijote
08-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Fluffy, it is the epic don, i am going to join your project, just because your epicness.

I am not good tbd player but anyway:)

abski170
08-20-2015, 01:59 PM
I will put up our roster soon. We'll just figure out our magical 8! ;) Thanks.

Mango777
08-20-2015, 06:09 PM
When will this league start? When will the games be played? I'm not sure if I missed this info, but then again I only scanned the main post.

Fluffy
08-20-2015, 09:26 PM
When will this league start? When will the games be played? I'm not sure if I missed this info, but then again I only scanned the main post.

The league will be after SL (so months away) with no set date as of yet. It will most likely be hosted on Sundays at around 6pm GMT or later.

paiza
08-21-2015, 12:59 PM
The league will be after SL (so months away) with no set date as of yet. It will most likely be hosted on Sundays at around 6pm GMT or later.

Would really like to join, but as it's 2am at that time for me...

But I would like to help out if you need my assistance :)

Fluffy
08-21-2015, 02:47 PM
Would really like to join, but as it's 2am at that time for me...

But I would like to help out if you need my assistance :)

As some would know, I also find it hard to make matches at that time - since it interrupts my pie cooking routine. So I would like to push it further back, but I fear the US folk won't be able to make that time. Again, no actual time has been set so we will need to see later on (prob do a poll) to which we can decide on the optimum time.

VAN1SH1NG
08-21-2015, 03:25 PM
The time is the entire reason I did not play in last APL and most likely would not participate in this. And the only reason I'm even playing in this SL is because I really wanted to get matches recorded for marketing purposes. Otherwise I would not be around at that time.

It is a terrible time for me (12PM here in central USA - mountain time zone) as it is right in the middle of the day and makes it hard to do much else on Sundays.

Fluffy
08-21-2015, 03:27 PM
So US would benefit more from doing it later on? So, 8 or 9pm GMT would be better?

darknietzsche
08-21-2015, 03:36 PM
You have to find a balance of times where a majority of players play from.

Europeans span from both western to central europe with some in the east as well. going past 8 or 9 pm GMT (a lot of people need to go to bed for school or work on Mondays) for start times may be not allowing you to play with what is going to be a large part of your tournament.

In terms of US a majority of players lie in eastern or central US with a handful living in PST or MST time zones.

If you are going to set a fix time (which I think is best) you need to be very aware of where the players are living.

Fluffy
08-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Is there a reason why Saturdays were never used? Was it because the majority have work on saturdays and not sundays?

If we move it to Saturdays, then we can ultimately rank up the time - around 8-9pm GMT. Though that would be leaving it at like around 4pm EST and I'm not sure when the US's workshifts finish. Can any US people enlighten me?

VAN1SH1NG
08-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Realistically I think in any case the start time would have to be between 4PM GMT and 8PM GMT. Pushing back the time will most likely be more of a problem for those in Europe than us in USA. For me personally the best time is after 10pm GMT or 3 - 4pm GMT. 8pm does not really help me much. 9pm would be quite a bit better, but it will be too late for some in eastern Europe.

Not playing on Saturdays is unlikely to be work related. People want to enjoy their Saturdays in ways other than having to show up to play Altitude at set times.

darknietzsche
08-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Yeah pretty much what vanishing said, most people use Saturdays to do social life things. Hanging with friends IRL, some work, shopping, various other ordeals that would cause people from not wanting to participate.

I don't think people mind once in a while playing Saturday, but to have regularly scheduled matches then would likely not work.

You will likely not find a time 100% of players are happy with. You can't do anything about that when we are playing with people from around the world.

Fluffy
08-21-2015, 04:26 PM
I would like to lean more towards ~4pm GMT as vanish suggested (Sunday). For everyone, EU and US, how do you feel about this? Too early for US on a sunday? awkward time for others other than vanishing?

paiza
08-21-2015, 04:54 PM
I can only possibly make it on 4pm GMT Sunday if the league starts on the weekend of October 24-25.

directtech
08-21-2015, 05:19 PM
I would like to be a part of your community.. this could be a better way for me to introduce myself .. so let me in.. :)

Rafael95
08-21-2015, 06:20 PM
I would like to join it seems a pretty cool idea .If someone has space in their team :P pm me forum or ingame : rafaelandrei955
And i guess if i get in it should be placed in the evening so that people can come from work/school :}

Fluffy
08-21-2015, 07:05 PM
I would like to join it seems a pretty cool idea .If someone has space in their team :P pm me forum or ingame : rafaelandrei955
And i guess if i get in it should be placed in the evening so that people can come from work/school :}

Will add you to the 'players with team' list ^.^

Slender
08-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Anything earlier than the current SL/APL time for matches is more than fine with me. Not quite sure though how early it'd be for Europeans/Asians.

blarg
08-22-2015, 01:40 AM
so 4pm gmt is 8-9am for us on the american west coast. speaking for myself, that is way too early in the morning to be playing altitude or even to be awake. i'm guessing you wouldn't see many players from this region showing up at that time, but who knows, maybe the others are early birds.

this is one of the reasons i don't think a tournament is that helpful for the tbd community. people aren't serious enough about this game to schedule around it and prioritize it over other plans to consistently show up to games, not to mention attending any sort of practice. imo we should be looking for a less structured, more frequent way to organize games with the small handful of players that want to play tbd on any given day.

on the other hand, one thing that seems positive about this tournament so far is getting some newer players and ball players interested in trying tbd competition. hopefully the two tier structure will keep the new teams from ragequitting midway through the event. perhaps providing an environment friendly to new players like this could similarly help ladder grow.

Fluffy
08-22-2015, 10:03 AM
I suppose what we can do is set out each week the games, the teams can see this and play each other whenever they want in that said week - either they organise it or they play when they have most members online - and just post the results here.
It may lead to a longer league however, but I think that shouldn't be a problem.

Capitalistocrat
08-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Hola!

Quick shout out to MagneticDuck` for encouraging me to check out ladder. Game changing, so to speak!

I'm in. Tier 2 or 3- no team as of yet. Thanks for putting this together! :D

One thought.. if one team is playing another on the opposite side of the world, what server do you play on? It seems like ping could affect the outcome if not taken into account. Maybe I'm wrong.. just something that crossed my mind.

Fluffy
08-22-2015, 05:15 PM
One thought.. if one team is playing another on the opposite side of the world, what server do you play on? It seems like ping could affect the outcome if not taken into account. Maybe I'm wrong.. just something that crossed my mind.

We will be using the normal league system where one team picks the server to start off the games and the opposing team will pick the map.

blarg
08-23-2015, 08:10 PM
I suppose what we can do is set out each week the games, the teams can see this and play each other whenever they want in that said week - either they organise it or they play when they have most members online - and just post the results here.
It may lead to a longer league however, but I think that shouldn't be a problem.

that seems like it would create a lot of extra coordination work for captains if it were required, but i don't see a downside to having it as an option in addition to a standard time for teams that haven't scheduled their games to meet by default.

Bluth Frozen Bananas
08-23-2015, 10:35 PM
T2 hit me up bros

IMO 9pm GMT is better, but Saturdays actually best for me

orangebelt
08-24-2015, 03:14 AM
Seems like it would be fun...sign me up! Tier 2

Phyx
08-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Wreaking Havoc Roster coming soon to a forum near you

mokye
08-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Please sign me up Name Mokye preffered tier 1 and 2 every time/ day is ok for me

matattack
08-25-2015, 05:32 PM
I'd like to join this tournament.
I don't really know what time works, but any day and time can be chosen and I'll do my best to show. Saturday "RL day" is just an assumption that it was the case. At least it was in the past and was kept to Sunday's for that reason. In tbd when teams have 3-4 showing up, that's probably because the rest are busy on Sunday's. So in hindsight, seems like any day that you guys choose shouldn't have too much of an impact on attendance. What it comes down to is passion. I bet you half of the people who attend Sunday's ball leagues choose to instead of doing other things. Same would apply to tbd if there was a passion or drive for a solid competitive environment.
That being said, good luck with setting this up. In terms of tier, I'm a bit lost. There are 3 tiers with a total of 80 people? That makes me wonder how 26.666666667 people would attend per tier. Also, how are tiers decided? Seems to me veterans become tier 1 regardless of skill level. It is a bit of a bummer to not see any of the new tbd community if you were already a veteran. And vice versa for a new player never gaining experience with old folks. Just my point of view.
Goof luck tho :)

Fluffy
08-25-2015, 06:30 PM
In terms of tier, I'm a bit lost. There are 3 tiers with a total of 80 people? That makes me wonder how 26.666666667 people would attend per tier. Also, how are tiers decided? Seems to me veterans become tier 1 regardless of skill level. It is a bit of a bummer to not see any of the new tbd community if you were already a veteran. And vice versa for a new player never gaining experience with old folks. Just my point of view.
Goof luck tho :)

I am still considering whether Tier 3 should be a thing or not - hence why the minimum amount of players needed is 80:- 40 per tier (1 and 2).

Tiers are currently being decided by the players 'preferred' tier. If they havn't given one to me in PM or on forums, I'll assign them one. It does wholly depend on skill level regardless if you have been playing since 2009 or whether you have started in 2015 :O There are veterans on the Tier 2 list purely by either wanting to be in there - not confident with TBD, or I put them in there. My vision at the moment (which is likely to change) is that the 1st to 3th recent APL winners would be in Tier 1 (with some randoms not in a team) and the remainder - still decent TBD'ers - will be in Tier 2. With new players in Tier 3 (which we are slowly collecting ^.^). Though as I said that is likely to change as so far not much (from what I've seen) top TBD teams want to apply!

fyi mat, you on Tier 1 :P

Slender
08-25-2015, 06:46 PM
There's a surprising amount of people already singed up, which is nice to see :o

Stam
08-25-2015, 08:17 PM
I have no team and i want to participate.. please add me.. I am new at tbd so i prefer being at tier2/3

Mr.Riddler
08-25-2015, 08:19 PM
i want to participate but i dont have a team.. add me in the list tier 2/3

Fluffy
08-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Aren't you 2 - Stam and Riddler - in (MAD)?

Mr.Riddler
08-25-2015, 08:37 PM
nah we left

Stam
08-25-2015, 08:41 PM
Aren't you 2 - Stam and Riddler - in (MAD)?

if we had stayed in (MAD) clan we had no chance participating to ur project fluffy.. Mad has around 20 players and they have to decide 8 of them to play.. so we left;)

LewisH
08-26-2015, 08:35 AM
I'll play ^^
My in game name at the moment's Xalri, so sign me up as that.

When/how are the teams be being chosen for players without a team? It'd be good if it was a while before the league starts to give us some time for practice.

As for times, anything from 2pm to 10pm GMT is fine for me.

I agree with the roster size of 8 to get more teams playing, but there may be problems with attendance. Last APL wreaking havoc signed up with two teams, each with at least 8 active players, and we still had weeks where only two or three players showed up. It would be annoying for those players in a team who have members stop playing half way though - as much as I'd like to hope this won't happen it probably will. What could be done to prevent this?

Fluffy
08-26-2015, 10:18 AM
When/how are the teams be being chosen for players without a team? It'd be good if it was a while before the league starts to give us some time for practice.

I agree with the roster size of 8 to get more teams playing, but there may be problems with attendance. Last APL wreaking havoc signed up with two teams, each with at least 8 active players, and we still had weeks where only two or three players showed up. It would be annoying for those players in a team who have members stop playing half way though - as much as I'd like to hope this won't happen it probably will. What could be done to prevent this?

As it stands, the players a listed there for a reason :O 1: so I know who's in and 2: so that others can see who's in. I was hoping this would encourage people on the randoms list to see who else is on the list and possibly start to form some sort of team. If this isn't done, I will be setting the teams or doing it captains style - assign x amount of captains to pick their teams from the remaining list. A definite system hasn't been thought of yet though, the 2 I mentioned are most likely :P

Well the flexible dates and times should help a little bit, as well as what you said about wreaking havoc, they had 2 teams - so 24 players? I am assuming 8 of them - 8 most active - has been chosen :P For other teams, I guess we are just going to rely on flexible dates.

Fluffy
08-26-2015, 10:20 AM
if we had stayed in (MAD) clan we had no chance participating to ur project fluffy.. Mad has around 20 players and they have to decide 8 of them to play.. so we left;)

(MAD) as it stands does have a lot of players - but most of them are inactive and have no actual interest in joining the leagues :P I think D0MiNiC (or whatever he is called) is attempting to organise and recruit some more (MAD) players who are actually interested in making a team for this league. I have put both you and Riddler on the randoms list however I will move you to the (MAD) roster if 6 others are available for (MAD) - I'll talk to D0Mi about it.

Stam
08-26-2015, 10:32 AM
(MAD) as it stands does have a lot of players - but most of them are inactive and have no actual interest in joining the leagues :P I think D0MiNiC (or whatever he is called) is attempting to organise and recruit some more (MAD) players who are actually interested in making a team for this league. I have put both you and Riddler on the randoms list however I will move you to the (MAD) roster if 6 others are available for (MAD) - I'll talk to D0Mi about it.

Thank you very much fluffy.. But we have been removed from the list of mad members (seeker has it):( Are we still able to join? If we join mad will u keep us in the random list or will we be removed?

Mr.Riddler
08-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Thank you very much fluffy.. But we have been removed from the list of mad members (seeker has it):( Are we still able to join? If we join mad will u keep us in the random list or will we be removed?

Stam if we going to join (MAD) again we will not be in the random list

tomato man
08-26-2015, 12:29 PM
But we have been removed from the list of mad members (seeker has it):( Are we still able to join?

Dude,seeker doesnt look forums since years, I've talked talked with him a couple of weeks agoes and he said he doesn't have time to organize MAD anymore. He is fine with Dominic doing it. So Dominic will be the MAD captain for this tourney, i'm sure he can handle this.

LewisH
08-26-2015, 06:41 PM
As it stands, the players a listed there for a reason :O 1: so I know who's in and 2: so that others can see who's in. I was hoping this would encourage people on the randoms list to see who else is on the list and possibly start to form some sort of team. If this isn't done, I will be setting the teams or doing it captains style - assign x amount of captains to pick their teams from the remaining list. A definite system hasn't been thought of yet though, the 2 I mentioned are most likely :P

Well the flexible dates and times should help a little bit, as well as what you said about wreaking havoc, they had 2 teams - so 24 players? I am assuming 8 of them - 8 most active - has been chosen :P For other teams, I guess we are just going to rely on flexible dates.

Sounds good. As for WH, I was just using that as an example of what could happen with the yet unformed teams, I know all the WH players on this roster are active ^^

Stam
08-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Dude,seeker doesnt look forums since years, I've talked talked with him a couple of weeks agoes and he said he doesn't have time to organize MAD anymore. He is fine with Dominic doing it. So Dominic will be the MAD captain for this tourney, i'm sure he can handle this.

thank you tomato man! for your reply

Fluffy
08-27-2015, 03:11 PM
After some consideration, we are going to remove Tier 3 - players in Tier 3 will be moved up to Tier 2. We felt that removing provides more benefits than just keep it :)

Glow
08-27-2015, 03:50 PM
I would like to cancel my Eleffie Project-Teir League Registration

Altitude Name: Glow

Reason: I made a new account and i don't want to play with my old account because i want to stay at Ace 0

For The CFB Adminstration Department

Fluffy
08-27-2015, 04:00 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2b1els.png

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/de.simpsons/images/4/47/Apu.png/revision/latest?cb=20131031102237

Omni Vanitas
08-27-2015, 04:02 PM
This looks totally awesome! Sign me up :)

number 3
08-27-2015, 06:20 PM
i am considering reviving my old team for people in tier 2 who might be interested. http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3096 here is the thread if anyones interested, tags will be chosen when you join. PM me if anyones interested

Mr.Riddler
08-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Fluffy which youtube and twitch channels will livestream

Fluffy
08-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Fluffy which youtube and twitch channels will livestream

I believe Demvrrage is going to stream-commentate, so you should ask her :O

Mr.Riddler
08-27-2015, 07:24 PM
ok... if i will find her

Stam
08-27-2015, 10:25 PM
ok... if i will find her

i found hers twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/Demurrage
(i hope its hers channel:rolleyes:)

blln4lyf
08-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Qq in I think

Fluffy
08-27-2015, 11:07 PM
i found hers twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/Demurrage
(i hope its hers channel:rolleyes:)

something tells me the chap smoking the joint in the profile pic isn't her... http://prntscr.com/89oo47

Mango777
08-28-2015, 12:49 AM
Demurrage lives in UK? :confused::confused::confused: Why is she in ROTW WH clan then?

paiza
08-28-2015, 02:32 AM
Pretty sure that's not dem, i'm quite sure she dosen't live in uk

Mr Nice
08-28-2015, 07:45 AM
Hahahahahahahaha

Mr Nice
08-28-2015, 08:23 AM
The comentating Will be on mumble i believe.

khailash
08-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Hi i'm Kick o-O i wanna sign up for TBD tournament.

Fluffy
08-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Hi i'm Kick o-O i wanna sign up for TBD tournament.

Great :) I would like to turn ur attention to #3's team - -#-. They are looking for players like yourself ;)

Fluffy
08-28-2015, 09:24 AM
(MAD) unofficial roster (to help me keep track)

Capt:
malacats

Roster:

D0Mi
Stam
Mr.Riddler
Venom
KitKat (Alpha-Betic)
Sado

Stam
08-28-2015, 03:42 PM
(MAD) unofficial roster (to help me keep track)

Capt:
malacats

Roster:

D0Mi
Stam
Mr.Riddler
Venom
KitKat (Alpha-Betic)

fluff i think u should add also sado in this list.. he is in mad and he wants to participate to this project:)

Stam
08-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Sorry again... but please fluffy and domi i want your replies to this! Me and Mr.Riddler are at the (MAD) roster (unofficial but we are!)... We both have left (MAD) because we thought that it had a lot of members and we wouldnt have the chance to participate to this... Lets say Domi let us join (MAD) again and its roster is full will we still able to participate with the randoms?

Mr.Riddler
08-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Stam fluffy is going to talk with domi if the roster has places if not we are with randoms

Stam
08-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Stam fluffy is going to talk with domi if the roster has places if not we are with randoms

First of all i didnt ask u.. And secondly wot do u know about (MAD)..?? Ive told u we are out of the list.. Also are u the one that will tell me if we can put the tags back on again at altitude?

Mr.Riddler
08-28-2015, 04:22 PM
i just told you what fluffy told me..jeez and i told you in a pm

Fluffy
08-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Of course you two will get to play. Here is whats happening with MAD - or what is going to happen. Seeker (leader of MAD) has put forward a captain (malacats) to lead 7 other members of MAD in the league.

The max roster size for any team in this league is 8 - so you will play no matter if the actual clan has like 50 members. The (MAD) that is participating consists of 8 players, so you will both get to play. This roster won't change once the official roster is submitted (which you 2 are in I suppose) so you will get to play.

If you truly don't want to be in the (MAD) League team, reply to this comment, else I hope you see whats going on.

Stam
08-28-2015, 04:27 PM
ok we understand and thank you!

Mr.Riddler
08-28-2015, 04:29 PM
thank you fluffy but that is Stam choice if we will stay or not

number 3
08-28-2015, 05:34 PM
If you are on the team roster and play for them you cant be a part of any other team that is going to play in league

Mr.Riddler
08-28-2015, 06:01 PM
number we are in the unofficial roster so we not sure yet probably we are gonna be in the roster

Guardian.Ace
08-28-2015, 06:24 PM
As invited by Fluffeh, I'm in.

IGN: TrollfAce.pie

Maybe I'll start at Tier 2 first :)

Mr.Riddler
08-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Breaking News!
Guys i've talked to DOMi and he said that (MAD) isnt going to join the tournament!

Fluffy
08-28-2015, 10:16 PM
Possible Team Setups

Tier 1 Teams

MisfitToys

Team 1:
DMCM
Matattack
Slender
Apathy
Generic
-
-
-

Tier 2 Teams

WreakingHavoc

MAD

-#-

Team 2 (FlightClub Go-ers):
Gaiba
directtech
paiza
Oyster
MagnetiDuck
Hapkido
kick o-O
Kafka

Team 3:
Flying Ninja
Paradigm
DODD
Omni Vanitas
TrollfAce
Helix
mokye
rafael95

Team 4:
Tjerki
Bof 1
Stygma
Professional
BG1
martin2
Capitolistocrat

Team 5:
BluthFrozenBananas
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Now randomly assigned using http://primary.naace.co.uk/activities/randomiser/resources/frames.htm

9 Flying Ninja[-fu]
10 Paradigm
2 Tjerki
13 Oyster
5 MagneticDuck
24 Bof 1
14 StygMa
12 Kafka
4 Mustafa
20 DODD
26 Omni Vanitas
3 Professional
19 paiza
23 #23
15 BG1
18 directtech
1 Rafael95
16 martin2
25 Capitolistocrat
6 Bluth Frozen Bananas
17 Hapkido
8 mokye
11 Stam
7 Mr. Riddler
28 Helix
2 Giaba
21 kicK o-O
22 TrollfAce

Tier 2

Team 2:

Team 3:

Team 4:

Team 5:

The first one was made manually by me, the second one was done by random. I am open to suggestions also in making up the teams on the randoms list. I do emphasis that it is much better if the players on the random list get pal up and make their own teams, else we will have to resort to a flimsy setup such as this.

Please reply on what you think about either of the setups - both of them have many problems. So I would appreciate any suggestions.

Mr.Riddler
08-28-2015, 11:16 PM
I think that the teams are gonna have many problems about the planes but random is better because if someone makes he's own team he will pick the best players so all the teams should be randomized that's my suggestion

Poison
08-29-2015, 01:22 AM
I would like to lean more towards ~4pm GMT as vanish suggested (Sunday). For everyone, EU and US, how do you feel about this? Too early for US on a sunday? awkward time for others other than vanishing?

That would be too early for me on a sunday 6pm gmt or later would be much better.

paiza
08-29-2015, 05:49 AM
Just to let you know, I'm currently making a team so please don't assign any teams yet

Mr.Riddler
08-29-2015, 08:32 AM
Paiza the only problem making a team is the captain is gonna pick the good players and the others will have no chance of winning at least some games

tomato man
08-29-2015, 08:39 AM
Paiza the only problem making a team is the captain is gonna pick the good players and the others will have no chance of winning at least some games

If Paiza wants to make a team with the randoms he should be freee to do it, anyways i think that picking 5 captains and let em pick the players would be lot better for both tiers.
At least people won't cry about the team they get

Mr.Riddler
08-29-2015, 09:04 AM
yeah you right but he shouldnt pick all the good players that wouldnt be fair..and i said if that happens the other teams wont have a chance winning

Stam
08-29-2015, 09:05 AM
Just to let you know, I'm currently making a team so please don't assign any teams yet

Paiza u shouldnt make a team with the randoms.. Make a team with people that dont know about ellefie project at all and dont have team i think u can do that.. buut not with the randoms..

Stam
08-29-2015, 09:11 AM
I liked tomato man's idea about taking RANDOMLY 5 captains and let them take (with order) their team members.. that could be a better FAIR solution!

Mr.Riddler
08-29-2015, 09:38 AM
I liked tomato man's idea about taking RANDOMLY 5 captains and let them take (with order) their team members.. that could be a better FAIR solution!

Yeah tomato man's idea is fair

Fluffy
08-29-2015, 10:34 AM
@paiza - http://i58.tinypic.com/ftogoj.png

@Stam&Riddler - http://i62.tinypic.com/2mgp6d0.png

tomatos suggestion is also an idea that might work, nothing set in stone yet.

Mr.Riddler
08-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Fluffy i know what you wrote that the people should make their own teams but i suggest you make it like tomato said and yes its your project with element but its a suggestion

paiza
08-29-2015, 05:19 PM
I knew it was a tester, I just wanted to let you know first

Fluffy
08-31-2015, 10:28 PM
special thanks to jonus who took the time to make an eleffie project logo ^.^

http://i61.tinypic.com/4uul9t.jpg

Mr.Riddler
08-31-2015, 11:18 PM
Wow very nice

paiza
09-01-2015, 01:20 PM
That's pretty neat

Mango777
09-01-2015, 11:02 PM
I liked the acorn D: jk nice logo. What did you use to make it? :)

Stam
09-01-2015, 11:45 PM
incredibly big for a normal logo.. nice work on that!

Mr.Riddler
09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Fluffy i saw a server going on for testing any problems with the server?

Jonus
09-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Fluffy i saw a server going on for testing any problems with the server?

We were just testing the new lobby for the Eleffie Project. The lobby has many fun elements and secrets. This is the result:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qvcvls.png

Mr.Riddler
09-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Had fun playing a minigame with you Jonus

ITLBATL
09-11-2015, 07:41 PM

Fluffy, I live in cyprus and i dont know anything about SL... Can you please tell me when is it? (Ive also searched the web.. nothing was found:()

Clam
09-12-2015, 01:00 AM
Can i play

Mr.Riddler
09-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Still 60 players and we need 80 minimum are we gonna get 80 till the SL finishes? Or we will have to play with 60

tomato man
09-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Still 60 players and we need 80 minimum are we gonna get 80 till the SL finishes? Or we will have to play with 60

no worries i think sl won't finish before a month, there is a lot of time to get 20 more ppl

number 3
09-13-2015, 04:53 AM
Fluffy, I live in cyprus and i dont know anything about SL... Can you please tell me when is it? (Ive also searched the web.. nothing was found:()

http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9904

Fluffy
09-13-2015, 10:01 AM
I won't be available / as active as I used to be so element and the moderators should be able to help anyone with any questions.

I'll be checking in now and again to add people to the roster

number 3
09-15-2015, 02:23 AM
My team will be going in confirmed pm me if interested, here is thread for reference http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3096

Raisin bran
09-16-2015, 08:50 AM
I'll play Tier 2.

Get new players into TBD by spamming pubs about ladder's point system and get the newbies to know it exists. It will mean ladder would be filled with 'unskilled' players, but this is what a revival will have to look like for a while. People just have to remember to be patient, and not ragequit when 'noobs' unbalance things, because evidently it's a necessary evil. The current ladder community is hooked on ball for the most part.

Kafka
09-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Will be playing with #3s team so you can take me off the free agent list if you want

number 3
09-22-2015, 05:04 PM
You can take Capitolistocrat - Tier 2 off too

matattack
10-04-2015, 08:19 PM
im interested in making a team. the same way number did.
if you're tier 2 and want to join up in a team for this league let me know :D

Soneji
10-14-2015, 11:10 PM
Please register me for tier 7, as it will be best suited to my TBD skills.

XX1
10-15-2015, 07:13 AM
Please register me for tier 7, as it will be best suited to my TBD skills.

Yeah me too

Cracker
10-23-2015, 10:56 PM
As SL is over, do you have some more info on this? Starting date etc.

Also, is this going to be a 1-day thing or several weeks?

Fluffy
10-24-2015, 08:42 AM
So far, we have a bunch of new 'league' players, 3 registered teams and 1 incomplete team. There hasn't been much emthusiasm from a lot of the veteran players - which I'd hoped will make up Tier 1. It won't be a tournament with 3 teams, so we will;

A: need to wait for more players to signup - which may take an infinite amount of time.

B: I rework a system so we can start to test this layout - example, host a mini 1dm tournament which leads into getting EF points.

C: I really don't have much time now to be advertising this and organising this, and with no sign of element, I will need more help - help to encourage veteran players as well as keep track of all the players on the ransoms list.

As it stands, there is still no clear starting date for this league - which I'd hope would come clear during the final weeks of SL.

N.B. It would be a several week thing

tomato man
10-24-2015, 09:15 AM
A: need to wait for more players to signup - which may take an infinite amount of time.

-Cant work

B: I rework a system so we can start to test this layout - example, host a mini 1dm tournament which leads into getting EF points.

-1dm is cool but i thought eleffie was a project to revive a bit tbd.

C: I really don't have much time now to be advertising this and organising this, and with no sign of element, I will need more help - help to encourage veteran players as well as keep track of all the players on the ransoms list.

-You dont have time, element disappared and no1 seems to be helping, isnt better to push this project to a date to be known, like when you'll have more time or when som1 else shows more interest? We could organize a normal tbd tourney like APL?!

As it stands, there is still no clear starting date for this league - which I'd hope would come clear during the final weeks of SL.

-what u mean with "the final week of sl"? Finals were played last sunday

Fluffy
10-24-2015, 09:31 AM

-what u mean with "the final week of sl"? Finals were played last sunday

Sorry grammar error:

Which I'd hoped would clear during the final weeks of SL

Stam
10-31-2015, 05:12 PM
Fluffy, let us know when the 1dm will be and in which server....

Fluffy
10-31-2015, 07:03 PM
Fluffy, let us know when the 1dm will be and in which server....

Currently we are in limbo with this whole tournament - we may make it 1dm or we equally may just wait until people come to the forums and sign. I have been told that people are actually interested in playing - I just have yet to see any evidence.

Fluffy
11-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Registering a yourself / a team will close on the 14th December, Monday. If we do not have enough teams in Tier 1 by then - the league will be put off the board.

blln4lyf
11-13-2015, 09:06 PM
qq is in the tourney

Fluffy
11-14-2015, 10:50 AM
Just so yawl know,

Ball teams such as Zrog and others should feel welcomed to join - even though it is TBD - as the Tier system should accompany for them.

Phyx
11-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Wreaking Havoc will be in the tourny, we have a large roster so i'm sure people who don't get picked can play for other teams just for this tournament.

Fluffy
11-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Wreaking Havoc will be in the tourny, we have a large roster so i'm sure people who don't get picked can play for other teams just for this tournament.

Can someone in wreaking havoc sort that out then? Time is running out ^.^

tomato man
11-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Making some teams.

team name: REAL TEAM (tier 1)
tag:[notag]
Players: 19cm,MagnetiDuke, omni le vanitas, wuwu, toma, meta, lenny, mssv.

:p

Clan name: Team Money (tier 2)
tag: [$]
Captains: oyster, jaxx,Paiza
Players: Paiza, o_O, Gijoy, Start, Jax, tr4=B=, Paulito, oyster.

MORE TEAMS COMING SOON!

Clan name: team 3, tier2
tag: ---
Players: Sliced Bread, emo hippie, Mustafa,

WRINGWRAITH
11-24-2015, 03:02 PM
I can't believe you actually typed out his whole name.

Stam
11-24-2015, 11:03 PM
Name of Team: {TBG}
Team Captain: Stam
Team Roster:
RINGWRAITH
Julkien
HENK
Skymonster
nuffhuff
Smile
Paulito
Woofy
Greekjr14

Fluffy
11-24-2015, 11:08 PM
Be sure to check the players you mentioned are actually playing for your team. I think moxycrimefighter will be in misfit toys for the league

Stam
11-24-2015, 11:22 PM
Be sure to check the players you mentioned are actually playing for your team. I think moxycrimefighter will be in misfit toys for the league

Ok fluffy, I'll check this out

Fluffy
11-24-2015, 11:44 PM
Can team qq post a lineup of 8 people please - need to know the players so I can try sort some randoms out for balancing

Fluffy
11-25-2015, 11:27 AM
MESSAGE TO ALL THOSE TAKING PART

Please pm me to show that you are still active - I havn't been keeping up to date on everyone on the list of people which is on the front page.

For those who don't use the forums (annoyingly) tomato man will be trying to find you and catch up with you in game.

Your name will be put in bold on the front page once you have messaged me or tomato man

matattack
11-26-2015, 06:54 PM
HI YES ALIVE ME TEAM ADDING THANKSi

Fluffy
11-26-2015, 09:38 PM
*EHEM* Can I have you attention plz *EHEM*

The 'Tier League' is going to have a major overhaul, with me seeing many holes which just don't fill themselves. Such as 'who is classed as good enough to be in Tier 1' and 'should this kid really be in Tier 2?' So, with the help of many people one altitude night while sitting in the wasteland that is tbd ladder lobby, we have come up with a plan.

The Tier system will be abolished, in replace, a /captains/ like game. As described by Matattack, Pokemon. It will be composed of: Tier 1 players that will be split up into groups of 2, with both 2 players being co-capts or whatnot. The co-capts will either: Be a massive help and recruit their own 'pub' team, or toma and I will just try find some pubbies to join your team. The maximum roster size will be expanded to 10. So really, the Tiers will be smooshed together to form one league, but one league with each team have a somewhat equal chance of winning. So, 2/3 OP players with 8/7 pub/less advanced players.

The List of 'OP' players who are illegible for captaining a team

Dragon
MoxyCrimefighter
Stormich
Jonus
mssv
Slender
ball'n
JWhatever
Matattack
rest of qq
Any ladder hubby who pm's me (TBD)
{More to come}

What is your task? To create (capture pubbies) teams, much like pokemon, and battle your teams against eachother - with yourselves being part of the battle.

Current Teams

(| (Need +1 OP): Matattack, ColossalChipmunk, Twinky, Demvrrage

Raisin bran
11-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Yessss it's happening!!!!

JWhatever
11-27-2015, 12:55 AM
I ain't gonna captain in this.

Dibs not.

-J

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 01:14 AM
You want to be in a team or nah? You don't Have to captain, your presence in a team is more than enough

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 01:20 AM
I am delighted to announce that if we fill the 6 teams we have at the moment we can finally start the tournament :) a date has yet to be set. We are also expecting a roster from WH, which will make 7 teams. Happy pub recruiting! Still need help from veteran players to act as weights and captains though.

(Current teams are on 2nd post of this thread)

Raisin bran
11-27-2015, 09:20 AM
I think this is the right thing to do fluff.

As much as recruiting and managing a few newer players can be a ballache, let's face it, it's the only option we have. Alti needs an expanded player base and that's going to require input and support from the current community.

Either we continue to try and set up tourneys with a continually diminishing community, or we have a stab at a tournament aimed at expanding it. Put simply, proving how insanely OP you and your mates are and winning this tourney with a flawless record isn't the primary goal. Get more players. Have fun.

The competitive edge is certainly still there. There's a lot to be said for the skill of recruiting and sharing of basic strats. Plus of course you will be playing and having your own input anyway.

This or die.

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Also to clarify some PMs: we will be using vanishing a league server and I'm going to request that either both of the OP's in the team get temporary admin to make sure things run smoothly - don't want the pub players to see how things can be if there is some mishap. If not both OP's, one of them ^^ yet to talk to vanishing about this though

If there is any trouble during the tournament - arguments or whatever where both captains can't come to an agreement, come to me - since all other 'tourney staff' are in a team and may have a bias

Raisin bran
11-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Another thought. I myself quite like the idea of recruiting, yet I lack the skill necessary to be branded a "captain". The list provided surely isn't exclusively those who can make a team, but any given team cannot have any more than 2 players from that list?

For example, I could get a team together and "recruit" two players from that list.

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 10:06 AM
Yeah of course, teams like [-fu] have their own players (flying ninja ect...) recruit their own peeps from Ledows to compete. So anyone can halp out recruit really. Captains are just there to lead the team during the matches, make some of the pubbies get to know how to lead a push or what not :)

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 12:37 PM
I have split up [$] to fill other teams, please everyone in [$] (Paiza, o_O, Gijoy, Start, Jax, tr4=B=, Paulito, oyster) check to see which team you are in. I'll notify each captain - add eachother in game

I have also split up the team with these players: Sliced Bread, emo hippie, Mustafa - same message applies ^

Cracker
11-27-2015, 01:37 PM
The idea is good but are you just dividing players yourself or did you talk to all of them asking in which team they'd like to be etc? Seems fairly random. Also I'm in the 3's team thanks.

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 01:41 PM
I think the most efficient way to do it is by dividing them up myself, finding out if they actually want to play in that team, then arranging it from there.

Okay, I have 1 small problem with you being in 3's team - they already have 2 'OPs' and I would class you as an OP. So unless you /desperately/ want to be in 3's team, I would appreciate it if you chose another team - such as... [-fu] with Dragon

Cracker
11-27-2015, 01:49 PM
I don't know if that works but worth a shot I guess. If ppl don't know or like their teammates I don't see them showing up every week.

Uh I only know ninja in that team so no thanks. I'd like to play with friends lol

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 02:06 PM
I don't think there are major 'i dont like dat kid' 'tat guy smells' in the community, so I think it should be fine - if there are any problems such as pub players just randomly leaving or annoying people we can sort something out on the day

And fine, if you reallllllly want to be part of that team, which is now the strongest team by far, its fine.

Cracker
11-27-2015, 02:10 PM
And fine, if you reallllllly want to be part of that team, which is now the strongest team by far, its fine.

Pfff leave me out then, gl w the tourney. I dont see how im op at tbd :confused::confused:

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 02:26 PM
nah its k ur in ;)

on a different note and tone:

I appreciate some of the participates 'concerns' however I don't appreciate when you call the league 'disorganized' and simply leave the teams because 'you made this decision on your own at the last minute, me no like, byebye'

You all know why I changed the system at the last minute so i really don't see the need for you comments other than having a go at poor ol' fluff.

It really isnt helping. It puts people off joining when I'm trying to recruit, it makes me want to just leave it to its own devises and see where it goes and it annoys me as I spent quite a bit of work trying to make this wreck into something salvageable.

There are people who are really wanting to play in this league and see a little potential in it bringing in small amounts of new players which may slow down the process of competitive altitude dying.

So before you make the passing negative comment about the league to a pub server full of who may be interested, just think for a second. We have a little time left to recruit who we can and actually start playing some matches before the seasonal holiday begin. We are in need of ~5 more 'OPs' now, if you are interested and your name wasn't mentioned on the 'captains' list, please speak up bud's. danke senpais

XX1
11-27-2015, 03:19 PM
What was your grading system for people to be placed as OP?

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 03:26 PM
People can be classed as OP if they are regulars of TBD ladder (as much as regulars go) or been in top 4 teams in last seasons APL: <i>, <!>, FRO, qq

Slender
11-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Holy **** you missed out on KLF, wow

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 05:38 PM
they wernt in APL 12 ._. but yeah, anyone from KLF can also be OPs... Basically any player who has a grounded background in competitive TBD

Stam
11-27-2015, 06:36 PM
I am looking forward to see a date being set. But please, I won't be able to play before the 15th, make it a day after that!

Raisin bran
11-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Time to head to alti to encourage some league participants!

Capitalistocrat
11-27-2015, 09:31 PM
Its happening! Digging the changes. Thanks everyone! :D

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Need 3 more veterans (OPs) to help out, please speak up - cheers

Fluffy
11-27-2015, 10:59 PM
To answer questions regarding recruiting during the league:

you may recruit new players to your team that
A: havnt been on a different team being played in the league
B: priority to new pub players
C: is an OP who is active and wants to help out, not just win

C, is going to be hard to judge, but im sure it will turn out fine.

sunshineduck
11-28-2015, 07:20 AM
clam is better than half the op players you have listed

he was instrumental in our apl12 victory

Fluffy
11-28-2015, 08:59 AM
Fixed

On the point of maps: I was thinking about incorporating tbd_arrow and tbd_rabbit along with the official maps - to bring in some change along with the new players. Thoughts on these maps anyone? tbd_rabbit can be played on the server Map QA

Fluffy
11-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Update

Misfit Toys has been disbanded into the other teams, so that the total teams = 6, a nice swift tournament. And with that, we have some teams with 11 players, some with 10, it doesn't really matter. From now on, the recruitment will be open to only pub players to increase the player count. If you are an OP and wanting to play - pm me and I'll sort something out. Trailing along my line of thought - I'm going abandon this thread and start a new one as this one is getting cluttered with the previous league idea stuff.

Woofy
11-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Okay I was made an OP of a team that I had no idea I was on and never expressed wanting to be on. I have never even seen BGT before.

What the ****

Take me off

Fluffy
11-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Lol

All it takes is a PM - I think I mentioned this in a previous post. You did say to me on game a week ago or so that you would like to compete - with -#- however. But as you can see, during the changes - I moved everyone around taking into account that some may be fine not just competing to win, but competing to bring new players in. Seems that I should emphasise 'some' to myself more. Not everyone's interest lies in trying to revive competitive altitude sadly.

Very well, I'll remove u and try find someone else ^.^

Woofy
11-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Lol

Why would you put me on a team without asking me. When I specifically told you I would figure out which team I would be on by myself.

Thanks ^.^

Fluffy
11-28-2015, 05:57 PM
Well sunshine as you can see - iv been making all the teams. You don't like the team, either take it up with me without the aggression and I'll see what I can do or just not take part

MoxyCrimefighter
11-29-2015, 02:00 AM
Hihihihihi

Fluffy
11-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Hi moxy how are you?

MoxyCrimefighter
11-30-2015, 03:31 AM
Hi moxy how are you?

I'm well, Fluffy! How about yourself?

Fluffy
11-30-2015, 07:27 AM
Great man, I'm great. What's the weather like where you are? It's horrendous here... :(

Eufix
12-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Just to clarify, I am on this "(|" team?

Have the game times been established?

(Can I already put my kickass team "logo" in front of my name in altitude? Or is it just to distinguish me during the games?)

Fluffy
12-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Yes you will be playing for (|, with Matattack and Slender as your captains. Game dates have not been established, however game times will be normal altitude league times - 7pm GMT Sundays

It is up to you whether your want your team tag on :) I believe some other in the team have put it on. Be sure to add your teammates to your friendlist if you see them around in game

Eufix
12-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Yes you will be playing for (|, with Matattack and Slender as your captains. Game dates have not been established, however game times will be normal altitude league times - 7pm GMT Sundays

It is up to you whether your want your team tag on :) I believe some other in the team have put it on. Be sure to add your teammates to your friendlist if you see them around in game

Okay, thanks mate!

Duck Duck Pwn
12-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Put me in coach

tomato man
12-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Finally the duke is back!! Missed ur fatty nab whale :p

Mango777
12-22-2015, 04:17 AM
So, Fluffy put me in the WH team, but I don't think I'll make the game. If I do not appear, what will happen?

Raisin bran
01-14-2016, 09:29 AM
Just a heads up to WH, I am not available for the first week. Second week is questionable.

Those mountains won't ski themselves.

Rai

Fluffy
01-14-2016, 10:19 PM
can we start using the other eleffie thread please? all the info on this one is outdated